How does a property owner change the name or mailing address on a tax bill?

To correct the spelling of a name, or changing the mailing address, you can visit or contact the Assessor’s Office. Taxpayers who relocate seasonally should notify both the Postal Service and the Assessor’s Office of a forwarding address. A change of name occasioned by marriage, divorce, or court order requires presentation of a copy of the marriage license or court decree.

Change in the title due to the death of an owner requires presentation of a copy of the death certificate unless they were the sole owner. In this case, an Executor or Executrix would have to file documents with the Probate Court and with the Town. Adding names to the existing title, or changing the form of ownership, requires the filing of a new deed at the Rockingham County Registry of Deeds. That agency will send a copy to the Assessor’s Office.

Show All Answers

1. Map/Lot - Where can I find mine?
2. Do you have to pay taxes when visiting Hampton campgrounds?
3. What exemptions and credits are available to taxpayers?
4. What should taxpayers do if they have questions about their assessments?
5. How does a taxpayer file for abatement?
6. How does the prevailing real estate market affect assessments?
7. Why are taxpayers billed for services not received?
8. What is the Town of Hampton tax year? vs. Fiscal year?
9. Must taxpayers pay the bill if they disagree with the assessment?
10. What further recourse does a taxpayer have?
11. How does a property owner change the name or mailing address on a tax bill?
12. May the taxpayer compare assessments to those of their neighbors?
13. How often does the Town update property values?
14. What is the definition of market value?