What further recourse does a taxpayer have?

If dissatisfied with the Assessor’s decision, the taxpayer may exercise one of the following options:

  • File an appeal to the New Hampshire Board of Tax and Land Appeals by September 1st and not before July 1st, accompanied by the Board’s prevailing application fee, which is $65 at this time. An application can be obtained at the Assessor’s Office.
  • File a petition to Rockingham County Superior Court by September 1st but not before July 1st. Associated costs are set by the court. Attorney’s fees are the taxpayer’s responsibility.

Show All Answers

1. Map/Lot - Where can I find mine?
2. Do you have to pay taxes when visiting Hampton campgrounds?
3. What exemptions and credits are available to taxpayers?
4. What should taxpayers do if they have questions about their assessments?
5. How does a taxpayer file for abatement?
6. How does the prevailing real estate market affect assessments?
7. Why are taxpayers billed for services not received?
8. What is the Town of Hampton tax year? vs. Fiscal year?
9. Must taxpayers pay the bill if they disagree with the assessment?
10. What further recourse does a taxpayer have?
11. How does a property owner change the name or mailing address on a tax bill?
12. May the taxpayer compare assessments to those of their neighbors?
13. How often does the Town update property values?
14. What is the definition of market value?